MCA November 2013 Updates!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Token Gay®

Token Gay®

War Adjudicator

War Adjudicator

MCA November 2013 Updates! Empty
PostSubject: MCA November 2013 Updates!   MCA November 2013 Updates! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:13 am

A lot of you have wondered if the academy is still alive due to its current inactivity, well, you're right, it hasn't been active due to the staff having their own in real life personal affairs.

However, now that some of them are settled, we're pleased to announce that there has been another set of updates for MCA!

We will list the only possible updates we can afford to tell you Wink

Update #1: Feast your eyes on this cool MCA Userbar customized for you! A lot has wondered how to change the text over and over again without using an editing program, now, that's possible with coding!

Kaizer was here

Since we used selectors for this via CSS, please copy paste this code in your Profile < Signature < Save: (If you ever want to use it, that is)

Code:
<table align="center" id="userbarmca"><tr><td style="line-height:16px;">Kaizer was here</td></tr></table>

Note: The background image for this is permanent so if you wish to have another background, please contact me via private message so I can make a custom one for you Smile! (Costs Chaos Drachmas)

Update #2: Has anyone noticed the rank names? If not, here's a screen shot Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MCA is now using a custom rank color. I know it's easy coding, but once incorporated properly, it looks better than most profile rank names Wink!

Note: If you wish to know how to code this, there's no need to "Inspect Element" since you can just ask me cheers 

Update #3: Everyone who uses forumotion always see a blank and boring page with the words "Go back to Forum Index" or something like that, well, MCA upgraded our style to something better, styl-ier, and sexier!

Here's a sample link to what I'm talking about: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You'll see there a custom MCA page, if you by chance go to a wrong link, you're bound to see a sexy page Wink
This is still being fixed because of the Javascript.

Update #4: This is for staff; however, thanks to the edit of viewtopic_comment (Available for only phpbb2 and punbb versions), the blog profile is now customized. Further improvement is still being done with this area since the background code is still underdevelopment Very Happy

Update #5 Some may find the forum index realllllllllly long, well, I agree which is why MCA installed a new feature called "Category Toggler".

You can click on the "-" sign in order to minimize the category and just click the "+" sign if you want it back the same way.

This feature is fantastic for those who are using small monitors and tablets, so have  fun using them Smile

Update #6: A lot kept on bugging me about installing a glow code, well, MCA has a much better feature because we will NEVER install a glow code (Due to forum load slowing down) and have hereby installed the rainbow code which is javascripted to make the forum load faster.

The above picture is how it looks like, unfortunately, laziness kicked in so I didn't bother it animated. Anyway, the rainbow code is featured with animation.

This code is also available for purchase, by the way Wink. You can also choose if you would want the colors to be animated or not and it will be added to the shop by a moderator or an administrator!

Update #7: Now, this featured is solely installed for the purpose of registration and profile edits for ALL users. You all know how it's a bit of a pain in the bum to choose from the moods and it slows down slowing page because of the list, right? Well, fear not, a few Javascript changes here and there (I didn't bother doing the one with CSS since it takes away too much of my time Sad), we put ALL the moods in a button so when you're registering, you just have to click it and then select from it so as to not hinder you a lot in choosing Wink!

Let me tell all of you now that I'm usnig Windows 2007 XP, so if you see it's a bit of an old version and latest for you, that's the explanation why we have different pictures Razz.

Update #8: This feature is going to be really useful in the future but since I didn't want to prolong the installment, well, MCA has now a "Friend and Foe Custom Management".

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a preview because I have not exceeded the number of friends I need for the preview Sad

Anyway, just imagine, when someone or you view your profile and click on friends (When you have many), instead of a very, very long list of friends that takes up your page, they will be automatically divided into pages!

Note: You must be logged in to see this because the profile viewing is exclusive for members and above only!

Update #9: The register button on the bottom right has finally been updated! Fantastic, right? After a few changes in the CSS, I decided to just use a Render with a few edits cheers 

Anyway, lol, hope you like the picture Wink, but yeah, not everything has to be very advanced templates Razz.

Update #10: Some of the widgets have been removed since some of them proved useless, "Control Panel", "Mozilla Firefox Download", etc. and to make space for future widgets and to avoid clogging the page Wink!

Update #11: The HTML Pages have been slightly modified so the loading time will still be the same. Generally speaking, we made the forum width smaller; however, do not fear, the Forum Width Adjustor is here! Before, MCA's forum width used to be 1200 but due to the HTML pages created, we had to shrink it down to just 800 (Both px), but as I said, you can just click on the Forum Width Adjustor widget located below MCA Menu to adjust it to your liking Wink!

Update #12: A lot wondered what's in the "Secret Area", well, I'll tell you, Guest, that inside that area are test codes I'm currently experimenting on, some finished, some still being experimented! In the future, I might decide to sell them to you for a specific price (No money involved, don't worry Razz), the cost might be Chaos Drachmas or a few members from your forum (For Forum administrators only)!

Note: This is exclusively for Yu-gi-oh! forums only, other sorts of forums will be rejected if they wish to purchase.

P.S. At the moment, there are 4 codes with password protected of course :Pinstalled there, and as I said, I can sell it or not for simple prices Smile.

Update #13: Now this is a rather simple graphics change. If you've seen before the old and ugly table bar, well, we're proud to present the new and cleaner looking ones!

Update #14: After a few hours of tweaking things here and there and help from a special friend, we managed to find a way to style our Post Profile!

We really didn't want to use Javascript on this one so we managed to find a way using CSS and here's the end result:

I also made the td row transparent to style it a bit more Wink

Update #15: If you noticed, there were some minor color changes that occured in the academy Wink

Update #16: Thanks to Sycthe's hard work, new rank images are currently  being made for our academy in order to avail a better look for our Post Profile Very Happy

Update #17: Congratulations to our new staff members, Zykan and Rakhalix! Hopefully you 2 can contribute grately to our academy Very Happy

Oh, and our new Medieval Chaos Academy administrator, WaldosShadow!

Once again, the staff application is still on-going for MCA! Please post here if you wish to join us: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Before I end this post, let me just say that there were things which were rejected because they either have bugs or are not needed for the site.

I hope everyone enjoys our 17 updates to our academy and I hope you continue to support us so we can do more updates in the future Very Happy!!!

MCA Updates Announcement

Back to top Go down
https://tokenatoracademy.forumotion.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1